Wi-Fi extender usage is increased immensely over a period of time, and it is an amazing device that will help to keep the media players, computers, and mobile devices connected to Wi-Fi. These Wi-Fi extenders also help to enhance internet coverage all over the place. In today’s world, the Netgear Wi-Fi extender is one of the most used extenders that helps to cover the Wi-Fi network. However, there are times when users encounter issues related to the Netgear WiFi extender not working issue.
In this blog, get information related to troubleshooting tips to deal with Netgear Wi-Fi extender, not working issues.
Reason Why Netgear Wi-Fi Extender Not Working
Before discussing the troubleshooting steps, let’s check out the reason why the Netgear Wi-Fi extender is not connecting to the router. After identifying the root cause of the issue, you can smoothly deal with the issue.
After completing the setup process of the router, you can use the internet on any Wi-Fi-enabled device. Although, if the extender can’t connect to the router, then you can’t even access the internet, and nor you can perform the router setup process. There might be multiple reasons why you can connect the extender to the router; here are some of the listed reasons:
- Netgear router is not connecting to the router after resetting.
- Netgear extender establishes a connection with the router, but there is no internet connectivity.
- If you fail to connect to the Netgear extender network on the client device.
- Or the Wi-Fi connection is dropping again and again.
These are some of the issues that users encounter while using Netgear Wi-Fi extenders. Now, let’s check out the troubleshooting steps to deal with it.
How to Resolve Netgear Wi-Fi Extender Not Connecting?
Let’s proceed further and know about the troubleshooting steps to deal with the Netgear Wi-Fi extender not connecting issue:
- Another important thing is to enter the correct credentials while logging in. If you recently performed Netgear router password change steps, then you need to enter the new password to connect the extender to the router.
- Make sure that Wi-Fi status is enabled on the computer and it is visible. If it is not, then refresh the wireless network username and then check for the SSID listed.
- Now, restart the entire network by plugging the cables and power cable. Wait for 2 minutes and then connect all cables to respective slots and check if the issue is resolved or not.
- Make sure that the Netgear extender is in the proper range of the router. Along with it, you can change the extender location because there are times when you encounter interference because of the wireless signal.
These are some of the things that you need to take care of to deal with the Netgear Wi-Fi extender not connecting issue.
Check out the guide properly and know about how to deal with the Wi-Fi extender not working issue. If you have any other query like where is Netgear WPS button then check out the user manual to get information.