Nowadays, people prefer setting up the router by themselves. The process is quite simple and easy to follow. In order to do so, you can refer to the instructions on the manual you receive with the router. Spectrum routers are one of the best performing routers in the market today. Spectrum routers, like any other routers arrive with default IP address and default Spectrum WiFi password. Default credentials are known to everyone and hence can be easily hacked. Therefore, it is advised and smart to change the credentials and configure the settings. For this you must navigate to settings and configure the router. First, let’s see how to find the Spectrum router default password.
Steps to find Spectrum router password:
- Go to settings.
- Tap on Wi-Fi settings.
- Tap and hold on your connected network and then select manage network settings.
- Click on the box next to show advanced options.
- Click on the password option. The password would be displayed.
The default password is admin or the word password. You can also see this at the back of the router on a sticker. At times you find password not working. In that case, double check the password you are entering. It is case sensitive therefore slight error in typing can restrict you from logging in. If the password is correct and you’re still unable to login. Then, reset the router and enter through the default credentials.
Let’s have a look at the steps on how to port forward with Spectrum router. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- Go to the settings and select the firewall tab.
- Then, you have to enter the device access code. It can be found on the side of your gateway.
- Select the NAT/Gaming option and click on continue.
- Now, you can select the port forwarding option under the services.
- Select the range and make other modifications by following the on-screen process.
- Then, click on add and save to apply the changes.
You also have the WPS button on new Spectrum router which can be used to establish connection between router and other devices. You can press the button on the router and then press the button on Spectrum router immediately to form a connection. You have to enable the WPS settings before to make it work.
All these features makes Spectrum internet self Install very simple and easy. You can simply connect the router to an internet device. Type 192.168.0.1 in the URL section and click enter. Then, login through the default credentials and navigate to settings to setup the router.